The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Cold Ahead-- Part 18: The Perils of Morning Radio and Disco

November 21st, day two on the road.

Listening to my three disc Disco set this morning.  I usually try to avoid morning FM radio as there is way too much yapping going on.  Lots of blah-blah-blah, commercial, commercial, commercial, blah, blah blah.  Then traffic and weather, commercial, commercial, news.  Blah blah blah and commercial, commercial commercial.

I bought this Disco set several months ago at the Half price Books in Palatine, Illinois, mostly because there were quite a few songs on it that I had never heard before  Track #3 on Disc 1 is one of those "searching" by Change.  I hear some of you making sick noises about Disco, but I always have believed this was great music.  If Disco can't get your feet to moving, nothing will.  I often used Disco to get folks up when I used to deejay.  It was the phony lifestyle the Disco Nuts tried to effect that turned me off and most others.

"Ha, Ha, Ha, Staying Alive."  --RoadDog

No comments: