The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Cold Ahead-- Part 15: No CBS, But Half Price Books!!

NOVEMBER 20, 2014

I checked into the Knight's Inn Motel at Exit 110, using those motel coupon books I always pick up when entering a state.  They do save money.  The cost of tonight was about $50 with tax.  I had driven 491.8 miles today and was up 29.7 mpg from 26.3.

I was going to watch the CBS lineup of shows, but look as I might, just couldn't find the local CBS station.  I figured perhaps this motel had Dish Network which supposedly was going to lose the CBS channels because of squabbling over money.  I have been hearing a lot about this on radio and TV of late.

I figured that as long as I was there and couldn't see my shows that I might just as well take a ride around the area to see what was there, so went back out.  Most of the stores were already closed so went back to the motel, but just before I turned off for it, I saw the sign of one of my favorite places to go these days, Half Price Books.

I shouldn't actually ever go into a Half Price Books store as it always ends up costing a lot of money.  I am puddy in their hands with all that favorite stuff of mine that they have (LPs, CDs and books).  There would be closing in 40 minutes, so I quickly began making my rounds and actually thought I was going to have a first, going into one of their stores and NOT BUYING anything!!

But, I got hooked in the Civil War section with two Navy books: "The Civil War Adventures of a Blockade Runner" and "Ironclad Down: The Story of the CSS Virginia.  I also bought a greatest hits CD by Buck Owens and two calendars for 2015 (Civil War and Military Posters).

Stopped at McDonald's on the way back.

The End of te First Day.  --RoadDog

No comments: