The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cold Ahead-- Part 12: "Cruising" Very Slowly Through Ohio, Well, Englewood Anyway

NOVEMBER 20, 2014

After leaving the gas station with the impossible to read prompter on the pump, I decided to take a look at the Meijer's (this is I-70 Exit 29 and I believe it to be US-40) just to the south of the interstate.  I immediately regretted it.  This was one really big rush hour and more traffic than I cared for.

First, it took a really long time just to turn out onto the road, then I ended up stuck in the turn lane to I-70 east bound.  I couldn't get over because of all the traffic coming up to my right (I needed to be in the left lane to turn into the Meijer parking lot.  After two light changes, I was finally able to work my way to the right lane and proceeded on to the Meijer turn in.

Here, I got stuck by the folks going across the road from a side street who would turn and then get stuck by the back up going north.  I had to wait for two light changes.

I figure it took me 15-20 minutes to go a half mile.

I finally got into the Meijer parking lot and there was a lot of traffic there as well.  Everybody was out driving.  I had to park pretty far away and went inside, all the while wondering why I didn't just get back on I-70.  Well, at least with all this delay, that meant reaching Columbus, my destination for the night, farther away from rush hour.

I bought two cassette brick 5-packs of Memorex tapes for recording use in North Carolina.  Meijer is one of the very few places where you can still buy audio cassettes.  I also bought the new Art of McCarthy double CD album.  Yep, I also still buy CDs.

Reckon I'm More Than Just a Little Out of the "In" Loop, Or So I've Been Told.  --RoadDog

No comments: