The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Doing My Cincy Thing-- Part 1

This past summer, coming back from my visit to my family in North Carolina, I stopped at Cincinnati to visit with my friend Denny.

I met up with him July 22nd at the American Sign Museum in its new digs   I had been to the old place a couple times, but this one is a definite step up.  Todd Swornstadt, owner and chief bottlewasher was on hand to give a tour through the new facility which also features a neon shop that is open weekdays, an added bonus to anyone going there.  Touring the museum, you see the old signs and with the neon shop, you get to see new ones being made.

Todd worked at a trade magazine for signs for twenty years called Sign of the Times.  His great grandfather was editor of the very first issue of it.

In late 1998, he had an idea about creating a museum devoted to the history of American signs.  His family put up a million and a half dollars and the museum was started from scratch.  He opened for business in April 2005.

Sign Here.  --RoadDog

No comments: