From the April 5th Yahoo! travel "America's Wackiest Museums" by Melissa Harmon.
Some places to check out if you manage to save up enough money to buy gas. I'm just listing them. The article has pictures and much more information. I'd never heard of any of them, but wouldn'tmind seeing all of them.
1. SPAM MUSEUM-- Austin, Minnesota-- (OK, I have heard of this one)--I can't help but think of that old Monty Python bit and those Vikings.
2. GIANT SHOE MUSEUM-- Seattle, Washington-- Really, really big shoes. The kind Zits' Jeremy might wear.
3. MATCHSTICK MARVELS TOURIST CENTER-- Gladbrook, Iowa-- 8-foot-long replica of Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral and 16 other creations.
4. INTERNATIONAL TOWING MUSEUM AND RECOVERY HALL-- Chattanooga, Tennessee-- The birthplace of the towing industry.
5. THE VENT HAVEN VENTRILOQUIST MUSEUM-- Not as easy to spell as you might think. Five miles south of Cincinnati (Denny) in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky. 700 dummies, no waiting.
Five More Up. --RoadDog
Action At Bayou Teche-- Part 4: Second Battle
13 hours ago