The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Record Store Day-- Part 3: Two Real Goodies

I'd say they should change the name of the event to National Record Store Day next year.

The two last albums I found were two really special ones to me, especially from my college days.

MOVIN' TOWARD HAPPINESS--  MASON PROFFIT--  This one was special since I had never heard of it.  These guys used to play all the time at Northern Illinois University when I was there 1969-1971 and 1972-1973.  I got to thinking they must be a local band.  They are most famous for "Two Hangmen" but I like all their songs.

This joins my four other albums by them:

ROCKFISH CROSSING
MASON PROFFIT
BAREBACK RIDER
COME & GONE


WORDS OF EARNEST--  GOOSE CREEK SYMPHONY

This one I saw after I had bought the others.  I already have a copy of it, but that one is a bit worn out for some reason.

This one joins "DO YOUR THING BUT DON'T TOUCH MINE"

I'd classify both groups as Country Rock.

Ya never Know What You'll Find At Your Local Record Store (If You Can Find One).  --RoadDog

No comments: