The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Took a Northwest Suburb Trip Yesterday-- Part 1: 44th Anniversary

In honor of Liz and my 44th anniversary of "Going Steady" yesterday, we embarked on a short jaunt to our old stomping grounds in Palatine, Illinois. On Dec. 15, 1967, I gave Liz my ID bracelet (juniors at Palatine High School did not get class rings until spring) at the laundromat at Palatine Highway on Northwest Highway (US-14). How's that for being romantic.

She was doing laundry for her family. I figured she wouldn't suspect I was going to that there.

The laundromat is long-gone, but as near as we can figure, the former site is now occupied by a Dairy Queen.

By the way, I sure didn't have that class ring long when we finally got them.

More to Come. --RoadDog

No comments: