6. Support Route 66 businesses, they need your money. And that would include any local business as your travel.
7. Save money on meals by having a big breakfast, making your own sandwiches (having a picnic at local parks or scenic areas). I've even been known to go to a fast food place, but take the food to a park. Then, there are the dollar value items at many fast food places. Fill a cooler with sodas.
8. Some convenience stores, gas stations and truck stops offer special bargain prices on soda.
9. Make sure your car has had the necessary maintenance and repairs.
10. Make sure the tires are properly inflated.
Just Some Ideas for the Road. --RoadDog
Happy Fiftieth Anniversary Liz
39 minutes ago