The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lost in Bowling Green

December 1, 2010.

Perhaps it was the euphoria from the sliders or the fizz from the pop, but I got back to I-65, got on and was cruising along blissfully when I saw signs with arrows pointing straight ahead to NASHVILLE!! Oops!! Got on the wrong entrance ramp, didn't I.

I had to go about four miles before I could get off on US-31 North about five miles out of my way. But, Bowling Green is a really nice town and I have driven through it before. One of these days, I just have to go to the Corvette Museum. Once I was going to, but it was on a day they had a big Vette rally and peons like me driving Dodge trucks were not allowed to park by the museum. Well, if they're going to be that way, I'll take my admission and go elsewhere.

I did see a neat sign at the Crescent Bowl, got on US-231 and saw the Cardinal Motel with a statue of a cardinal outside.

There was an old truck parked out in front of Guns 'N More. A neat old restaurant called the BBQ Hut was closed and for sale.

I ended up driving about ten miles on my detour.

Even Detours Can Be Fun. --RoadDog

No comments: