The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Groundhog Did It-- Part 1

A few notes on Woodstock, Illinois' annual Groundhog Days Festival from January 29th.

When Liz's mother was in assisted living at the Village Cove on the great Woodstock Square, I told her she was going to have to hand in there until I got to that point as that would be a great place to go. You've got shopping, restaurants, cultural activities, a movie theater, and lots of bars within walking distance.

Unfortunately, she wasn't able to hold on, especially when the place went from being assisted living to apartments. Today, it is called Murphy Block Studios.

I still wouldn't mind living there.

After seeing the movie, I went over to the Opera House (old City Hall) and paid my buck for the chili tasting, something I really look forward to despite the crowd. Between the chili and popcorn at the theater, I was full.

Took a walk around the square and found a bookstore which had a small book on the "Groundhog Day" movie by Ryan Gibley from BFI Press, but the $16.95 price was a bit steep for such a small book, so didn't buy it. I might have gone $10.

More Books, a Groundhog Museum and Entertainment Up Next. --RoadDog

No comments: