The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

OK, Got Home Yesterday...Well, Today

My brother Bob and his wife Judy dropped me off at Raleigh-Durham Airport yesterday at 3 pm and I had a three hour wait before the plane took off for Cleveland. The flight left on time and got right upto the gate in Cleveland. That sure is a long, long walk from Terminal D to Terminal C, where the connecting flight was leaving for Milwaukee.

When I got there, I thought I heard the gate attendant asking for a volunteer to be bumped for $250, but wasn't sure. No one was making any moves toward the stand. A few minutes later, I heard her call for a volunteer again.

This time, I heard that a bump would involve an over night stay which they would cover along with vouchers for dinner and breakfast. AND... a voucher for $300 for a future flight with Continental.

I called Liz to tell her I wouldn't be home tonight.

Just TOO good of a deal to pass up!!

Unfortunately, they were unable to get my luggage off the plane and it went to Milwaukee where I picked it up earlier today.

I stayed at the Airport Sheraton and ate at their Horizons Restaurant, quite a bit nicer than what I'm accustomed to. Great seafood pasta dish.

The Stuff I'll Do for $300. --RoadDog

No comments: