The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Heading Home from North Carolina, 2010-- Home-- Dec. 2, 2010

Unfortunately, there had been a family emergency and Andrea and the kids weren't there so it was just Andy and me. We ate at that great Hollywood Chinese place and spent a lot of time on the computer looking up songs.

The next day, I definitely had plans to go to the BP station west of I-65 to stock up on that great treat called Chocolate Uglys. However, it was rush hour and traffic to get on the entrance going south to Nashville was really backed up so I had to get on I-65 going north.

From White House to the Kentucky border, not too far, I don't believe I've ever seen more unmarked police cars. One was even a white Dodge Charger. There was even a white unmarked SUV, beware soccer moms.

In Kentucky, I-65 is called the Abraham Lincoln Memorial Expressway. I stopped for gas at Franklin as Andy said it was cheaper there than in White House. It was. In WH, it was $2.75 and $2.70 in Franklin.

In Kentucky, I was going 75 and was passed by a Mini-Cooper like I was sitting still. Guess we don't have to worry about those unmarked cars here.

Coming into Bowling Green, home of the National Corvette Museum (and, of course, where Chevy makes the car). I saw a sign for White Castle...SLIDER ATTACK. Spent $2.99 for a Saver meal: three sliders, fries and drink. Good deal.

Saw a Gulf station. Gas in Bowling Green was $2.85!! (I could live with that today, but not back then.)

Next...Stuck in BG. --RoadDog

No comments: