The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Went to Chicago-- Part 3

I actually walked out the wrong exit of Marshall Field's (excuse me, Macy's) and ended up on Randolph Street, one block over from State Street, that Great Street. I did find an FYE store, the new Sam Goody and Musicland stores. These are a throw-back to the days of Tower Records and the old Mom and Pop record stores.

I like them, but normally their CDs are too expensive. However, they do have the Little Steven Underground Garage CDs. This is one of my favorite radio shows. I bought his "Coolest Songs in the World, Vol. 7" and a New Orleans collection to benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

I should mention that I saw the old Carson Pirie Scott store which is being restored to its former glory. This is one Louis Sullivan gem that won't get away from us. Even better, they found that the facades of two other adjacent stores were his as well. They are still under wraps, though.

Walked by the great lighted marques of the Chicago and Oriental theaters. Then encountered the mob at the Christmas Village by Chicago's Christmas Tree. They sell some mighty good-smelling food, but the lines were way too long. Lots of neat and overpriced German items being sold at the many distinctive red and white striped topped booths.

Next, Hangin' Out at Union Station. --RoadDog

No comments: