The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Went to Chicago-- Part 4

Walked back to Union Station, next to the Chicago River between Adams and Jackson and like to froze. That wind had REALLY picked up and was blowing the cold on you. Here's a deal, it only costs $18 for the first hour at the Sears Tower. Glad I was walking, even with the biting cold.

Warmed up in one of my favorite little bars anywhere, the Snuggery. I've been going here for many years, but this was the first time since they had NTN installed. My visit was the 99th new NTN site I'd visited this year. Beer was $3.25 a pint, up from $3 the last time. Several days a week they have drafts at $2.75.

Talked with a guy traveling from New York to warmer climes in San Diego via Amtrack. I'd like to do train travel myself some time.

Then, walked a round and around before finally finding the Metro Deli which also has NTN. For some reason, I really get lost in Union Station every time I go. I've never gotten lost in an air port, but put me in Union Station, and I get lost.

Afterwards, I had a great rib sandwich at Richardson's #1. There are quite a few places to eat at Union station including pizza, Cajun, Mexican, and even Chinese.

I should really do this trip every year.

Good times in Chi-Town. --RoadDog

No comments: