The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Santa Been Good to Me

It was some good roadie stuff for me.

Liz had two items framed that I've been intending to do.

One was a great picture of the Blue Swallow Motel sign and a gorgeous sunset, probably the prettiest I've ever seen. Bought it back in 2006 on our end-to-end run on Route 66. The owner had spent many hours and days at sunset waiting for just the right shot. I'd say he got it.

Also, back in June, 2006, we had attended the Munger-Moss anniversary party and I had won one of Ken Turmel's postmark art prints. It had remained rolled up in the tube ever after, but no more.

My mom got me a watercolor original of Wilber's barbecue in Goldsboro, NC, one of my favorite places to eat in the world. If you haven't had eastern-Carolina-style 'cue, you haven't had bbq. While visiting the place, I had owner Wilber Shirley sign a business card and attached it to the front. Noted Carolina artist Brenda Behr did the watercolor.

Now, I just have to find places to hang them.

Almost forgot to mention this, but Liz also got me a framed print of the famous "Injun Summer" cartoon from 1906. That is a personal favorite that I regret the Chicago Tribune bowed to pc and no longer prints every fall. It was TRADITION. At least they continue to selol the print.

Roadie Nirvana, Man. --RoadDog

No comments: