The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Along66, March 2022: Ike's Chili Featured on TV

I take these posts from the Route 66 News Blog.  I just pick the ones of most interest to me.  The site has at least one post most every day and has pictures and much more information than I give.   But, if you rally want to know what is going on along the Mother Road, you want to go to this site.  (Plus, my posts are a month old usually.)

MARCH 2, 2022

Ike's Chili of Tulsa, Oklahoma, will have an appearance in the "Drew Barrymore Show."  Ike's is a famous chili which has been served for over a century since 1908.  It has been at its current location at 1503 and 1509 11th Street (Route 66) since 2013.

Earlier it was at Admiral Place (an older alignment of 66) from 1966.

The TV show is a competition and it will be up against two other chili places.  I'll be pulling for it unless one of the other chili places features Cincy Chili.  We have never eaten Ike's Chili, but will be doing so the next time in Tulsa.

I'm also a huge chili fan.  Chili cookoffs help get me through winters.

Good Ike's.  --RoadDog


No comments: