The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Pearl Harbor Day

Today marks the 68th anniversary of the event that sent the US officially into World War II. I say "officially" because it was very apparent we were preparing for the war years in advance.

How we were caught so much by surprise is still a mystery to me. It should never have happened.

I have written many entries about Pearl Harbor on my http:cootershistorything.blogspot.com blog.

Sadly, the ranks of the survivors of the event grow thinner every passing day.

Pearl Harbor is a major interest of mine ever since I read Walter Lord's book "Day of Infamy" back in junior high. My students had a one and later three day mini lesson on it the last twenty years I taught.

This is also my seventh entry for the month.

The Greatest Generation. --RoadDog

No comments: