The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Top Ten GM Standouts-- Part 3: Firebirds and Camaros


THE 60S

Last, but not least of the Sixties GM cars is the 1967 Pontiac Firebird/Chevy Camaro. Gave GM a double-barrel competition to the Ford Mustang in the affordable sports car category.

I am a big fan of the Pontiac Firebird, and certain Camaros. Even though they were similar in design, I definitely liked the design of the Firebirds better.

I actually bought a 1967 Firebird convertible and had it for about 15 years. It was drivable, but needed a lot of work. My friend Phil rebuilt the engine and I bought a new top. Sure loved driving that car, but NOT WORKING ON IT. If I ever get another old car, it will be one that has already been restored.

I also bought an '85 Firebird, and still have it. This needs body and interior work, and I'm considering making it my "old" car.

Gotta Love Those 'Birds. --RoadDog

No comments: