The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Jolted into the 21st Century-- Part 2

FIRST LAPTOP

For a while now, I have been thinking that with both Liz and myself being retired and both on the one computer a lot, that perhaps we should have a second personal computer in the basement. Since John was going to sell us a new computer and set it up for us, why not go ahead and get that second pc.

And, while we're at that, let's go ahead and get a laptop. The second pc and the laptop would be operated with a router. Yesterday, John spent several hours setting us up and was also able to keep all the stuff from the destroyed computer. I especially wanted to keep my favorites, which are quite extensive. I sure didn't want to have to start putting that together again.

I gave John a copy of Nick Freeth's "Route 66" book, as I had found, while straightening up the basement for the second computer, that I had two of them. I warned him to be careful as this was how we got hooked on old roads back in 2002. He sure helped us a lot.

FIRST DVD PLAYER

While he was setting these up, I was trying to figure out how to take the VCR out of the under shelf and expandable mounted bracket of Margaritaville. This took quite awhile just to do that, but eventually I figured it out. I replaced it with a VCR/DVD combo, the very first DVD player we've had other than in the first computer. Like I said, I am not exactly what you'd call up-to-date.

I sure hope it works, but as of yet haven't turned it on. This means I have to read some directions. I HATE READING DIRECTIONS!!!!


MUSICAL TVS

When we moved Liz's mom into the nursing home last summer, we inherited her 25 inch TV. Until now, it has sat in the foyer by the front door while I tried to decide where to put it. Then there's that nasty directions thing again. Decided to move the TV in my study to the sunroom and put Frances' in the study.

Still working on that one.

These Are All Things I Was Planning on Doing, But, it Took a Bolt of Lightning to Get Me Motivated. Who Knows, Maybe I'll Figure Out How to Download Music and Photos Next. --The VERY 21st RoadDog

No comments: