The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Having Fun in the Cold, Snow and Beer-- Part 3: "Meet the Beatles", "Green Book", Band and Sunnyside


SUNDAY, JANUARY 27

Bob Stroud Spotlighted the Beatles' "Meet the Beatles" album today on his Rock and Roll Roots show in Chicago's frozen WDRV, 97.1 FM.  This was the Beatles' first album (not download) and it was released this week back in 1964.  Remember all that screaming from the girls and Mrs. Paul McCartney.  Of course, I recorded Terri Hemmert's Breakfast With the Beatles on WXRT on my cassette tape.

I went to the Fox Lake Theatre and saw a movie I had been wanting to see and now that it is nominated for Best Picture on the Academy awards, they finally showed it, "Green Book."  This movie gets my vote for Best Picture, but my vote doesn't count.

And, gas in Fox Lake was $1.96!!!   The lowest I've seen it in a long time.

Liz and I went to Stucky's in Johnsburg where they were having a going away party and enjoyed a band.  Later we stopped in for awhile at Sunnyside.

--RoadDog



No comments: