The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Cold Ahead-- Part 26: Athens, Ohio

November 21st, 2014, Friday.

There was a Wal-Mart next door to the Burger King and after breakfast I drove over to it to see what kind of Ohio University stuff they had for sale, figuring I might buy a Bobcats hat or something.  The Wal-Mart in DeKalb, Illinois, has all sorts of NIU Huskies stuff and always costs me a lot when I go in there.  I walked all over the store and found nothing except a small section of Ohio State stuff.  (Hey, it's Ohio, after all.)  Come on Wal-Mart, time to support your local team.

I continued driving out on State Street, figuring I must be heading into campus.  State Street soon ended and became a four lane limited access US-50, Ohio 32 and I drove about six miles before seeing a sign with upcoming signs and none of them sounded familiar, so I turned around and headed back.

I  eventually got to US-33 and knew I was found.  Drove by downtown Athens and the campus on my way out.  One of these days I will figure out my way around Athens.

US-33 becomes a very wide two lane road before going across the Ohio River on the William S. Richie Bridge to West Virginia.  The Ohio River is mighty wide through here, and ice free, but I did not see any barge traffic.

Don't ask me what happened to that super long title up above.  No idea.

--RoadDog


No comments: