The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Cold Ahead-- Part 23 "Don't Shoot Me..".-- Part 1

Continuing with the second CD I listened to on  the latest trip, Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player by Elton John.  This is a part of the 5-CD set I bought at Wal-Mart covering Elton John's first five hit albums.

The big hits "Daniel" and "Crocodile Rock" are on it, but there were a lot of others that could also have been big hits.  It was a pleasure to hear all the songs you usually won't hear on radio.  Being a teacher, I liked "Teacher, I Need You" about a school boy crush.  Definitely a "Don't Stand So Close to Me" kind of a song.  "Elderberry Wine" is always a favorite.

This was John's 6th studio album and his first to hit #1 in the United States and Canada.

--RoadDog

No comments: