The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Indy 500, 2014-- Part 8: Rockin' On Main, May 23rd

May 23, 2014:

This will definitely be a stop in future trips to the race, as is Main Street which looks like it will just get better.

Like I said, I was able to be third in line to get Al Unser Jr.'s autograph on the picture of his impressive AUJ Camaro, limited edition.  They had a good band, even though sound problems kept them from starting on time.

Another spot that we liked on Main Street was BBQ & Bourbon, a very woodsy interior, but I went outside to where the band was (and I had my drivers license with me so could get into the outdoor beer garden).  I decided to have dinner there and got the two gigantor wings (both pieces) for $3 and fully availed myself of the two kinds of sauce, one regular, the other spicy, but well within acceptable hot range.  They were cooking outside and what a smell.

Their band, Abby Something Band,  was playing as well so had my music and rock 'n roll.  Also bought a $2 ear of corn and instead of butter, slathered it with both kinds o' sauce.  Mighty Good Eatin'.

Blues, Booze, & BBQ at the 500.  --RoadDog

No comments: