The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Indy 500, 2014-- Part 14: Chevy Expo and Cars


Many carmakers have expositions inside the track for Legends Day.  I always go the the Chevrolet one to look at the 2014 models and they usually are giving away something.  Today, they were giving away rawhide keyholders.

Three cars I definitely look at are the Impala, Malibu and Camaro, one of which will most likely be my next new vehicle once I don't have the four I now have: '85 Firebird, '03 Malibu, '05 Dakota and '11 Malibu.  I especially liked the striking red on the new Malibu and I didn't think styling could get better than my '11, but it certainly has.

However, I am most partial to the new Camaros even if some say I am having a late mid-life crisis.  That is one mighty fine-looking vehicle.  They have even replaced Corvettes as something I want to own at one time.  We did have a 1981 red Camaro, that was a real big lemon and really liked to stall while in motion, leading to some frightening situations.

Of course, I wish they were still making Pontiacs, especially my favorite, the Firebirds.  I also had a '67 Firebird convertible at one time.

Oh Well.  --RoadDog

No comments: