The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Last Span of Madison's, Indiana's Bridge Comes Down-- Part 2


And, I drove over this bridge back when I drove US-421 from one end to the other: Michigan City, Indiana, at US-20 to Kure Beach, NC by the "Rocks" (Built to close New Inlet) just south of Fort Fisher. Kure Beach is south of Wilmington.

The old bridge was two lanes, 3,184.2 feet long and just 20 feet wide. And, believe me, driving across it, that width seemed even less. You didn't even want to think of encountering a truck of any size. It kind of reminded me of the old Chain of Rocks Brisge that carried US-66 over the Mississippi River by St. Louis, only there wasn't that curve in it.

I had lunch at Madison's riverside park with that great view of the towering old bridge and river. That was impressive.

--RoadDog

No comments: