The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

What Do You Think About Route 66?-- Part 2

Continued from September 11th.

A non-scientific survey by the Route 66 Chamber of Commerce.

4. Travelers say they buy lots of souvenirs.

5. Domestic travelers stay in Mom and Pop motels sometimes, but groups don't because there is not enough room.

6. Mist travelers want to see the western Route 66 states the most because of less traffic, more scenery and less likely to get lost.


MY COMMENTS

4. I have and still continue to do my part for the economy along Route 66 by buying lots and much more stuff than I really need. This even though I am running out of places to put the stuff. I can't help it, I'm addicted and have pack rat tendencies.

5. I always stay in a Mom and Pop whenever possible. But that can get a bit dicey because you never know what you're going to get. But generally, if the outside os landscaped and kept up, it is probably a good place to stay.

I especially like it when the Mom and Pop is conducive to sitting outside your room and talking with fellow travelers.

6. The Western states are alright, but I like the eastern part better, especially Missouri and Oklahoma. And Illinois "ain't no slouch either."

Out on 66. --RoadDog

No comments: