The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

North Carolina Bound: Summer 2010-- Part 7-- Indiana Here I Come

I was wondering about why they would name the highway after Mother Guerin, so looked her up. She was Indiana's first saint and founded the convent and St. Mary-of-the-Woods College. Born 1798 and died 1856.

She founded the Sisters of Providence of St. Mary's and was known for her efforts in the advancement of education.

She came from France and was canonized in 2006.

I crossed the Wabash River and in a short distance, found myself by the huge county seat courthouse. I've been by this many times before on US-41, but going north or south, not east. I had no idea that the Wabash River was so close to the courthouse.

I turned on 41, which became aligned with US-150. It must have been always aligned since I've been driving it, but it never registered with me.

Terre Haute to Vincennes on US-150. --RoadDog

No comments: