The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

North Carolina Bound: Summer 2010-- Part 4-- Illinois

I had planned to take US-24 from Il-47 to Watseka, Illinois, near the Indiana border and then Illinois Highway 1 to US-50 opposite Vincennes, Indiana.

Watseka is the birthplace of Henry Bacon, 1866-1924, the architect best-known for designing the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC. His father, Henry Bacon, Sr., was transferred to Wilmington, NC, and supervised the construction of the "Rocks" which closed off New Inlet of the Cape Fear River.

But, because of my late departure, I decided to stay on 47 south to I-74 and then to Il-1. Highway 47 is smooth-sailing once you get past Morris even with a few small towns.

I was on I-74 and going by Danville when saw an exit for US-150. I hadn't looked on the map to see where else US-150, my old road objective for the trip, went in Illinois.

I got off and found that 150 ran into Illinois Highway 1, so took it. Gas in Danville was the lowest I've seen in Illinois, $2.42.

So, I got my Il-1 and US-150, too.

I Sure Wish Gas By Us Was This Low. --RoadDog

No comments: