The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Want to Hear Some Really Old Music?

Right now, I am listening to four hours worth of Top Beach Music songs from 1954 on Fessa John Hook's survey on Cashbox.

I just heard:
#30 Outside of Paradise-- Ray-O-Vacs
#29 Trying to Get to You-- Elvis and the Eagles
Give Me Your Love-- Larry Darnell
#28 Don't You Know-- Ray Charles
#27 Honey Love-- Drifters
Hey Little School Girl/You Done me Wrong-- Fats Domino
#26 Ten Days in Jail-- Robins (later called the Coasters)
#25 Take Out Your False Teeth, Daddy-- Margie Day

Just this last one would make you want to listen to all of them. By the way, I was alive, but at age 3, not listening to much radio.

Good cruisin' songs if I could figure out a way to get them on tape.

He also has a current Beach Top 40 and a Blues Top 40 at the site and gives lots of background info.

http://www.cashboxmagazine.com/countdowns/beachmusicweekly.html.

I keep it in my favorites. I'll be listing all 40+ songs, lots of Honorable Mentions, on my Down Da Road I Go blog.

This Is really Some Different Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: