The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June 18th-- The Fire Aboard the Royal Princess-- Part 6

As I said, it was much more pleasant out on the deck, as it was stifling and the acrid smell hard to take inside the muster station, which was completely closed in.

I kept walking in and sitting with my sister and her daughter to make sure they were alright. They refused to come outside. The Colombian family came out as well.

The captain continued to make announcements. At first, he just said they thought the fire was contained, but it was too hot to enter the engine room to check. The lifeboats were run out, but not lowered, just as a precaution. This greatly worried everyone.

The person in charge of the muster kept checking to be sure everyone was there, usually calling by room number. I heard her say room 7098 and I yelled that they were out on the deck, until my sister reminded me that odd numbers were on the starboard side and this would be on the other side, so I went up to tell her.

I Hadn't Noticed the Even-Odd Number Thing Before. --RoadDog

No comments: