The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, September 11, 2020

9-11, 19 Years Ago

 It was one of the most beautiful days anywhere.  A perfectly blue sky, both in New York City and here in the Chicagoland area.  Not at all like the last several days where we have had monsoon weather with a whole lot of rain.  We really needed that rain as we had had a drought for six weeks around here.

Between 1st and 2nd hour classes, an English teacher walked over to me and told me that a plane had hit one of the World Trade Center (WTC) towers.  I turned to go to my classsroom and start talking about it,when I hear a second plane had also slammed into the WTC.

At this point I realized this was not some horrendous mistake, but that people had actually planned to do exactly that.

Now John T. Magee Middle School in Round Lake, Illinois, was not a friendly place for TVs, so we didn't get to see what was happening, but listened to what transpired on the radio.  My lesson plans for that day were dropped and that was what we talked about the rest of the day in all my classes.  

As a matter of fact, that was the lesson plans for the next week and a half.

--RoadDog


No comments: