The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, October 22, 2021

Good Times: John Lennon's 81st Birthday and the Impact the Beatles Had On Me

SATURDAY. OCTOBER 9

Today would have been John Lennon's 81st birthday.  He was not my favorite Beatle (George Harrison was), but that group really turned my life around.  I'd never paid much attention at all to music before that, but when they came.  Wow!!   It was all over the radio and that music!!  Wow!!  Like nothing I'd ever heard before.

I started listening to the two main Chicago stations that played their music and other music that young people listened to:  WLS, 890 AM and WCFL, 1000 AM.  I couldn't get enough.  I even started buying 45s and albums and my condition just got worse and worse.  I was hooked on music.  Couldn't get enough.

I still am hooked on music.  I still record music on cassettes and have several thousand pre-recorded and recorded cassettes as well as hundreds of 45s, albums and CDs.  I even had a deejay business for almost 30 years (at one time I made almost as much in that as I did my full time job, teaching).

Yep, I'd say the Beatles had somewhat of an impact on me.

--RoadBeatle


No comments: