The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Good Times in the Area: About That Good Old High School Football

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9

One of my favorite places to go this time of the year is to the local high school Friday night games on good weather days.  You get all the action  of college and pro football with a whole lot less of the hassle and costs.

Sadly, I haven't been to a game now since 2019, that's two years that I've missed.  Of course, last year, Illinois didn't have high school football until a shortened six game season in the spring.  I'm hoping to get back to the games next year.

I usually go to either the Richmond-Burton or Johnsburg High School games as they are the closest to me.  I pull for both rivals, but when they play each other, I pull for Richmond-Burton as a lot of my money goes there.  That school serves Spring Grove and Richmond, Illinois.

I also follow Palatine High School and even rival Fremd High School in Palatine, Illinois.  I went to and graduated from Palatine High (and even went to Fremd for my freshman year as the frosh-soph for Palatine went there, juniors and seniors to Palatfox line High).

I also pull for Round Lake High School as that is where we lived for 17 years and we taught for 33 years in that school district.  Also, pull for Grant High School in Fox Lake as we spent much time boating.

Two other schools I back are Mt. Carmel in Chicago because NIU quarterback Jordan Lynch is head coach there.  Also Goldsboro High School in North Carolina because that is where I was born and lived for five years.  My grandparents lived just down the block from that school.

--RoadHigh


No comments: