The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Four Days to Record Store Day, April 13


Getting more excited as we approach the date.  One of my favorite days of the year.  The day to take a step back into history and visit your local mom and pop record store.

I don't miss this chance to revisit my past.  Back before all this downloading stuff.  Back when you actually owned the music right there in your hands.

Lots of specials going on and special vinyl.  But, by far my biggest kick is seeing all those young people, even high school students in the stores.  Maybe there is hope for us old dinosaurs after all.

And, I am lucky to have four places within 12 miles of where I live (all in northeast Illinois):

Vinyl Frontier Records, McHenry.  My favorite local record store.  Now, if there is a better name for a record store, I'd sure like to know what it is.
Siren Records, McHenry

Reef Records, Antioch
Track One Vintage Stereo, Antioch

--RoadDog

No comments: