The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

2017 Indy 500-- Part 9: Wake Up Time


Continued from April 2, 2019.

FRIDAY, MAY 26

Much nicer day.  No rain.  I spent  a lot of last night getting used to my sleeping chair in the RV so didn't get a lot of sleep.  Or at least I think I didn't get a lot of sleep.  By the second night I have that chair figured out so sleep much better.  The alarm at the track went  off.  If I wasn't already up, I'd sure be up now.  It was loud and we are very close to the track (right across the road).

I walked over to the American Legion Shack which is manned by the auxiliary, a place I go every morning to buy coffee, a newspaper and those delicious $1 sausage biscuits.

Some Indy facts from the paper:

Indy cars go from 0-100 mph in 3 seconds.

Kent McCord is 74 and was in the TV show "Adam 12."    His first time at the 500 was in 1970 and he was in the parade and is a fixture in the parade.  he still comes.

Florence Henderson will be at the race.  She was in the TV show "The Brady Bunch."

--RoadDog

No comments: