The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Record Store Day, 2019-- Part 3: It Came, I Went, I Bought, I Ate


SATURDAY, APRIL 13

I immediately popped the "Pet Sounds" into my truck's CD player.  That's right, I still play CDs in my vehicles.

I had a hot dog attack and cruised over to Tommy's on Illinois Highway 120 and got their dog special:  two Chicago-style hit dogs, fried and a drink for $7, including tax.    While I was making up my mind, I made the mistake of letting a guy go ahead of me, not knowing he was ordering ten meals for his work.  And, I had to wait for him to fill ten drinks at the machine.  I tell you, no good deed goes unpunished.

But the hot dogs are so very good (but without sport peppers) and the fries perfectly augmented by generous ketchup dips.

I then went to the Salvation Army Thrift Store and actually found a couple boomboxes with dubbing cassettes, but didn't have my cassette tapes along to see if it worked so didn't buy either.

Yes, I Still Use Cassette Tapes.  --RoadDog

No comments: