The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, July 7, 2017

N.C. Jan. 2017-- Part 20: Carolina Beach Has Up-scaled But Still Retains Some Honky-Tonk

JANUARY 16, MONDAY

Well, if I can't find a motel, I'll go to the Boardwalk of Carolina Beach.

I parked right by it, something that is fairly impossible to do during the summer when the crowds are there.  Back in the 1960s and 1970s, Carolina Beach was a worn-out beach town, but not anymore.  It is booming, and unfortunately. extremely crowded with big resort hotels like Marriott and Best western.

But, one good thing is that it still maintains a bit of its old honky-tonk atmosphere.

Parking is also free in the winter and will cost you during the high season.

I walked around.  I was glad to see my old hangout, The Silver Dollar Saloon still in business.  It was open, but I walked on by.  I'll be back.

I went along the ocean front.  Sadly, you can no longer see the ocean from the buildings along it as there is a huge berm between them and the water.  You can walk along the top of the berm as it has walkways and places to sit and get down to the ocean.

--RoadDog

No comments: