9. KiMo Theater-- Albuquerque, New Mexico. Built 1927. designed to reflect the Indian/Hispanic and Anglo cultures.
10. Jack Rabbit Trading Post-- Joseph City, Arizona. You know, all those "Here It Is" signs. Or is it "Hare It Is?"
11. Ghost Town of Calico-- north of Daggett, California. What is left of an 1881 mining town. OK, this one I had never heard of before.
12. Wigwam Village Motel-- Rialto, California. There is also one in Holbrook, Arizona, on Route 66.
13. Santa Monica Pier-- Not exactly on Route 66, but close and makes for a good end-of destination. Built 1908.
She suggests Drew Knowles' "Route 66 Adventure Handbook" for reading.
Obviously, I Love My Lists. --RoadDog