The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, July 2, 2017

N.C. Jan. 2017-- Part 18: BBQ, Seafood and Carolina Beach

JANUARY 16, MONDAY

I had seen a Carolina BBQ buffet place on the road in Wilmington on several occasions, but had never stopped for one reason or another.  It is called The Carolina BBQ and Sea Food restaurant and it is at good as it gets, everything I expected and very reasonable at $6.49 for seniors.

It is across from beautiful Hugh McRae Park   Blacks want the name changed because of Hugh McRae's white supremacist past even though he donated it to the city.  Here's hoping they don't change the name, but that will probably happen.

Fully full, I continued to US-421 and Carolina Beach, going over that wonderful Snow's Cut Bridge.  From the top of it you can see the ocean and Masonboro Sound, something that over the years, and my family has been coming to Carolina Beach since I was a baby, always have me a great thrill.  "We're here at the BEACH now!!"

My grandparents owned a cottage on the Southern Extension of Carolina Beach until it was completely destroyed by Hurricane Hazel in 1954.  After that, we'd rent a great aunt's cottage right behind it all the way  into the 70s.

--RoadDog


No comments: