From the May 25, 2014, Raleigh (NC) News & Observer "Best Kept Secrets: 100 N.C, Counties, 100 things to try" by Richard Stradling.
Being a native North Carolinian, this immediately was of interest, but unfortunately I was unable to find the last 94 counties, so will have to suffice with these first six:
1. Pender County-- Lanes Ferry Dock and Grill in Rocky Point
2. Columbus County-- The Riverwalk in Fair Bluff
3. Bladen County-- Jones Lake State Park, Carolina bays.
4. Sampson County-- Sampson County History Museum in Clinton
5. Brunswick County-- Kindred Spirit Mailbox in Sunset Beach. People write down their thoughts and leave them in the box.
6. New Hanover County-- Casey's Buffet in Wilmington. I've eaten there.
Diving On the Condor-- Part 1: More Than a Beginner's Rating
27 minutes ago