The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Gettin' Our Irish On-- Part 2: Some Irish Music

For many years I deejayed the St. Patrick's parade party at George's Cedar Inn in Lake Villa, Illinois.  I played lots of Irish music and made a lot of cassette tapes to cover it.  Generally, it was straight Irish music during the parade and the first hour or so after it.  Then, I would play oldies and Irish music.

This morning, I am playing one of those tapes.

This is Side One of my St. Paddy's Party #2 cassette tape:

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling/My Wild Irish Rose--  DeKalb Footstompers
Footstompers Irish Medley (including the Notre Dame, Chicago Bears and NIU fight songs)

The Orange and the Green

Danny Boy--   Dennis Day
McNamara's Band--  Dennis Day
Clancy Lowered the Boom--  Dennis Day

Sweet Betsy from Pike
Scarce O-Tatties
Take Her Up to Monto

Wild Rover/Whiskey in a Jar
Big Strong Man
MacAlpines Fuzilliers

Mick McGuire
March Medley
Gentleman Soldier

Loch Lomond
Greensleaves

Some Good Irish Music Here, Even If I Do Say So.  --RoadDog



No comments: