The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, September 2, 2016

Should You Let Your Kids Take Your Vinyl Albums Off With Them to College?

At about 7:15 a.m. today, WXRT's Lin Braehmer will discuss this on his Lin's Bin segment of his morning show.  It streams on www.wxrt.com. so you can hear it.  It repeats between 5 and 7 p.m..

A real good question.  Although these days it probably more likely involves downloads.

I remember that when I went off to Northern Illinois in the fall of 1969, I left most of my prized vinyl albums that were in good shape at home.  I had heard that college was not a good place for them because of borrowing, loaning out and the scratches when (if) you got them back.

Little did I know that my brother decided to play them while I was away and they got badly scratched and messed up anyway.

I did bring my stereo with me and a few of my more "battered" albums as some things I just couldn't do without.

Give It a Listen.  --RoadDog

No comments: