The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A Busy August 14th-- Part 1: Rally By the Lake in Fox Lake

This day, I went to the Rally By the Lake in Fox Lake, St. John's Parish Fest in Johnsburg and the Keep the Spirit of '45 Alive event in McHenry.  I also went to one of those great mom and pop record stores, The Vinyl Revolution, in McHenry.

First, I went over to the Rally By the Lake.

This is an annual classic car show put on by the Fox Lake Chamber of Commerce and held at the Lake front Park on Nippersink Lake.

Lots of cars including these I was particularly interested in:

'68 Olds 442
'66 Mustang
'69 Camaro
'68 Nova
'65 Chevy SS
'72 Nova
'73 Vega  (We had a '73 Ford Pinto for our first car, but never blew up, but died quite often.)
'67 Pontiac GTO  (We had a '67 Pontiac Tempest, the poor man's GTO)
'80 Malibu  (We have an '03 and '11 Malibu)
'64 GTO
'70 Trans Am  (I am a big Firebird fan, having had a '67 Firebird convertible and still have an '85.)
'67 Chevelle SS

I liked the Mayberry Sheriff car, a 1965 Ford Galaxie.

An old friend from my deejay days, Sherry was there and talked with her.  She has retired from the newspaper business, but now back on a part-time basis and working from home.

I entered a drawing and won two baskets of wine with $25 gift certificates for food from Diamond Deli in Fix Lake.

--RoadDog

No comments: