142. DANICA PATRICK was the first woman to lead the 500, in 2005, her rookie season.
143. She also recorded the highest start and finish for a woman in the 500. Started 4th in 2005 and led for 19 laps and finished fourth.
146. WILLY RIBBS was the first black man to qualify for the 500. In 1991 with a speed of 217.358.
147. EMERSON FITIPALDI was the first South American to win the 500. A Brazillian, he's since been joined by Helio Castroneves and Tony Kanaan.
148. The first SPANISH-SPEAKING South American to win the 500 (Portuagl is primarily Portuguese) was JUAN PABLO MONTOYA.
Music Deaths: Cuba Gooding, Sr.
1 hour ago