The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Why Go Elsewhere? 4th of July 2016-- Part 2: A Parade, Band and a Party


FRIDAY, JULY 1:  We went to K.C.'s Cabin in Spring Grove, at the intersection of Il.-173 and Wilmot Road for their great breakfast (now bogo half price).  I had two more breakfasts off it.  Spent the day on the internet and working in the yard around the gazebo.

Later, met the Usual Suspects at the Legion.

SATURDAY, JULY 2:  More yardwork and watering.  We definitely need some rain.  I don't water my grass, but found out the hard way that I need to water the grass over the septic field.  When that grass dies from lack of water, it doesn't come back.

We had planned to go up to Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, for their parade and stops at Main Street and Donovan's, but decided no to do it.

I went to the Fox Lake, Illinois, parade instead at 2 p.m..  Liz and I then went to the Legion where we saw one of our favorite bands, 3 Aces, playing all those great oldies and country classics from 3 to 6 in the afternoon.

We then went to John and Sherry's house in Johnsburg for a party and great food.  We saw a lot of area fireworks on our way home.

Like I said, Why Go Anywhere Else?  --RoadDog

No comments: