The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, July 9, 2016

News From Along Route 66, June 2016: "Cars" Movie's 10th Anniversary

JUNE 6--  The giant Vess Soda bottle in St. Louis is being restored.  The 34-foot-tall, steel bottle will be getting a new paint job for the company's 100th anniversary.  It was originally installed in 1952.  I like this sort of thing, but have never seen it.  Maybe next time through town.

JUNE 9--  "Cars" movie marks its 10th anniversary after having grossed more than $460 million world wide.  I saw the movie three times (once at a drive-in in McHenry, Illinois).  Until this movie, I had very little use for animated movies.  Now I see them often.  I thought that it wouldn't be good, but was I ever wrong and it was great for Route 66 awareness.

JUNE 10--  Meramec caverns reopens today after being closed for three months because of cancer-causing fumes.

--RoadDog

No comments: