The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Doing My Lincoln Highway Centennial Thang-- Part 3: Sliders and Hawk Gear


I went to White Castle for my Lunch of Champions, namely the #1: 4 sliders, fries and drink for $5, less senior discount.  I was shocked at how fast they got the order out to me.  Usually a visit to the Castle requires a wait. 

As usual, I didn't get very many onions on my sliders.  It is a standing joke for Liz and myself that whenever we go to White Castle and order out #1s, she gets the sliders loaded with onions (and she doesn't like them) and I get the ones with very few.  We end up trading sliders so everyone is happy.

Then to Wal-Mart to look at the nursery for plants and see if they had any Blackhawk gear with the Stanley Cup on it.  After all, our guys won the Stanley Cup Monday night.  They had stuff so started gathering items until I noticed that most of them were for Western Conference Champions, meaning they were going to play for the Cup.  I wanted stuff with Stanley Cup Champions.  So, I put everything back except a cap that had Stanley Cup Champions on it.

Looking for Blackhawk Stanley Cup gear would be a running theme the whole way back home.

Then to Lowe's to look at the nursery and bought an interesting hosta.  I received a call from Denny while there, saying he was getting lunch with the other caravan folk at the Joliet Museum and would be on his way after that, so I had plenty of time to kill.

Love My Grilled Onions.  --RoadDog


No comments: