The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

T-Giving NC--2010-- "No Knockin'" Here

With a full belly and burping that sweet porkchop sandwich all the way to Winston-Salem, I hit the road, US-52, soon to become an interstate. Definitely keep an eye on your speed as there are more than a few cops between Mt. Airy and W-S.

At some point, I saw a sign reading "GULF OIL IS BACK! THE LEGEND IS BACK!!" Wow, Gulf Oil stations. I haven't seen them for a long time, but remember fondly the old Gulf No-Knock gasoline and those great commercials. They had people sitting with outstretched legs and driving around like cars, complete with shifting gears. This was quite the special effects for the 60s. When their "engine" knocked, they went into spasms. Real Funny Stuff!!!

I managed to get through the nightmare that is I-40 around Raleigh-Durham. This is one of the best places I know of to get into a traffic jam.

With a smile upon my face, I finally got to Goldsboro, NC, after putting on 1077 miles and the truck topping 37,000 (with 37,249).

Good to Get Back to the Old Homestead. --RoadDog

No comments: