The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No Place for a Packer-Backer

This past Thursday, on our way down to PCB, we stopped at a few NTN Buzztime sites along the way. Of course, I was showing my Green Bay Packer colors. Right proud of our boys.

One was at the BW3, Buffalo Wild Wings in Birmingham, Alabama. While sitting at the bar, I somehow got the feeling something "evil" was lurking behind me. I turned around and the whole wall was "STEELERS." Banners, pictures, Steeler colors, Big Ben posters, the whole nine yards. Two prominent signs said this was the home of the Heart of Dixie Steelers Fan Club.

It figures that there might be a lot of Steeler fans in Birmingham as this city was the heart of steel production in the South for many years. A lot of Pittsburgh folk came down because of this production, so a bit of history here.

And here I am in my green and gold wearing my Super Bowl XLV Champion hat. Good thing there were no HoDS fans there. The bartender said they get anywhere from 100 to 200 Steeler fanatics in the place for games and that it was to capacity for Super Bowl. I inquired if there were any Packer fans there and he said two or three, but they stayed quiet.

Ambush Avoided. --RoadDog

No comments: