The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Florida Scenic Highways

Florida's not just Orlando and beaches. You can drive down some pretty good roads as well.

Today, I came across of very good site for us roadies to take a look at before our next trip to F-L-A.

Liz and I have gone to the Florida Panhandle the last three years and will no doubt go again thanks to what has all the appearances of a fourth straight cold and snowy winter coming our way.

You can find the site at
http://floridascenichighways.com/our-highways/

The state is divided into four areas and 23 highways. Each one has a in depth look at it. An extensive list of links also accompanies each highway.

Well Worth Checking Out. --RoadDog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just found your blog; I'm also a fan of old roadways and historic preservation. My family was in FL last week, and we drove from Ocala east to Daytona beach on 40. It was a great trip through the National Forest. Saw a guy selling gator jerky from the back of his truck! FYI, my travel blog is "Go BIG or Go Home," a chronicle of what happens when my small-town family visits the "world’s largest"…whatever! http://GoBIGorGoHomeBlog.com

RoadDog said...

There is so much more of old Florida than all the commercialized stuff in the central part of the state.

I just wish I had gotten interested in old roads before 2002.

I already had your blog on my favorites. Traveling with a set reason like visiting lighthouses or Civil War sites is the way to go. I like you idea of going for the big things.